Microsoft Office 2016 Home & Student
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Fully installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.Store your files online, so you can get to them when you’re on the go and you can quickly invite others to review or edit them
- NOTE: This version does not include Outlook, Publisher or Access
- NOTE: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Office Home and Student 2016
Office Home and Student 2016 is made to help you achieve more with time-saving features, a new modern look, and built-in collaboration tools. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on OneDrive and access them from anywhere.
- Full, installed Office 2016 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- For 1 PC (Windows 7 or later, home use)
- Easily save your documents online with free OneDrive online storage, available for all OneDrive users
Office 365 Home
Office 365 Personal
Office 2016 Home & Student
Office 2016 Home & Business
|Users||Up to 5 Users||1 User||1 User||1 User|
|Device||5 PCs/Macs, 5 Tablets||1 PC/Mac, 1 Tablet||1 PC only or 1 Mac only||1 PC only or 1 Mac only|
|One Drive||1 TB storage/user||1 TB storage/user|
|Skype||60 minutes per month/user||60 minutes per month/user|
Microsoft Office 2016 helps you to do your best work - anywhere, anytime and with anyone. New, modern versions of the classic desktop applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, are built for maximum productivity. You'll quickly produce professional documents with rich authoring features, design controls for pixel-perfect layouts and intuitive tools to help you make the most of your data. You'll have access to your docs in the cloud whenever you need them. With your documents stored online, it's easy to get your team on the same page. Share, present and work together on projects with built in team collaboration tools across the suite.
Platform: PC | Edition: Key Card
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In case buyers don't know what the difference between the key card and the digital download is; the digital download will allow you to instantly download the office software and provide you with the key via Amazon Software Library. The PC Key Card is mailed to your shipping address, instead of having the key provided through the Amazon website.
Once installed they conceal the license number from you to force you to register the product, if you need to retrieve it again later, then you can expect to receive a lot of junk email from MS pushing their products. Oh and don't forget the email account and password you used to register this under, or you will never be able to recover your license number again years later, when you need it, for example: a reinstall after a system system or a HDD crash.
Also unlike past versions of Office Home & Student you only get one license with this new version, instead of 3 home licenses. Add in the inconvenient install process, no convenient license number access and little if any real improvements over the previous versions and I'd say how do you spell r-i-p-o-f-f-!
- Live/Real Time Collaboration - yes, you can be at home and your partner can be in their office or across the globe and both of you can work on a document in real time. This is beyond essential for business purposes but also, as this is the Home & Student edition, it is now also essential for K-12 students (since working in teams is now a school mandate) and for college students (over winter break when everyone has gone home but a group project is due when school resumes). This cuts down on unnecessary emails back and forth, trying to find the most recent version of the Word or Excel document, and email is not exactly "real time." With Office 2016, you can watch your partner make changes and you can undo or add to what they are doing immediately. It all happens as they, or you, are manipulating the document.
- "Tell me what you want to do..." - this is so essential that it almost makes me sad it wasn't included in prior iterations of Office. "Tell Me..." is a search box that, once you start typing will start displaying suggestions. Begin typing "Insert" into the search box and "Insert Caption" and "Insert Picture" (among other suggestions) pop up. No more having to dig around in the Ribbon to find what you want. Want to make a Table in a Word Document? Start typing "Table" in the "Tell Me..." box. It gives suggestions such as "Add Table," View Table Gridlines," "Table Styles," "Table of Contents," "Draw Table," etc. Click on the suggestion you want, and that function happens. This handy feature makes Office easier and faster, especially for those who don't happen to know where 100% of the functions lie in the Ribbon.
I am very pleased with the changes in this year's Office, especially since I was never a big fan of the Ribbon. Yes, it is still there, however, now I can find things instantaneously rather than rooting around for a function I don't use very often.
Most recent customer reviews
It does what I expected it to do.
It seems to be near to the new version
It is not to hard to get use to.